Morning Trip to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan by Minivan
Over 3,000 years old, the massive rock temples of Abu Simbel stand on the shores of Lake Nasser, about a 3-hour drive south of Aswan. A professional Egyptologist leads this day tour from Aswan, in an air-conditioned minivan, which leaves early in the morning to beat the heat and the crowds. He'll guide you through both the main temple, constructed in honor of Ramses the Great, and the smaller temple, devoted to his wife, Queen Nefertari.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer service to and from your hotel
- All transfers by modern air-conditioned bus
- Led by professional Egyptologist
- Entry/Admission - Abu Simbel Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Your air-conditioned minivan will collect you from your hotel or Nile cruise ship in Aswan around 5am, an early start that will help you beat both the crowds and the heat at Abu Simbel, one of Egypt's most iconic sights. The scale of the two vast rock-cut temples, reflected in the tranquil waters of Lake Nasser, is awe-inspiring, from their gargantuan entrances to the huge statues that line them.
You'll reach the site around 8am, and your professional Egyptologist guide will walk you through both the Great Temple, constructed for the greater glory of its builder, Ramses the Great, and the Lesser Temple, dedicated to his wife, Queen Nefertari. You'll learn not only how the temples were built to demonstrate Egyptian control over Nubia but how they were moved, piece by piece, from their original location when the Aswan High Dam flooded the original site. You'll also discover the different gods and rituals depicted in the carvings and reliefs.
After a couple of hours exploring the temples, you'll return to the minivan for the 3-hour journey back to Aswan, arriving at your hotel or cruise ship in time for an early lunch.
Departure Point :Hotels in Aswan
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.