Morning or Afternoon Tour to the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum
Join this 4-hour private tour to visit Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. You will be accompanied by a local guide while observing a massive collection of terracotta soldiers, chariots, and horses.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transfer service to the tour site
- Professional and friendly English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Xi'an, Xi'an, Shaanxi
Pick up from Xian city center hotels
Stop At: The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses, Qinling North Road, Lintong District, Xi'an 710600 China
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Xian city centre to start this tour. You can choose a morning tour at 8:30 am or an afternoon tour at 01:00 pm.
The Terracotta Warriors and Horses are one of the most significant archeological excavations of the 20th century. They were discovered by local farmers in 1974 and now it is one of the most visited museums in the world.
Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. They are replicas of what Qin Shi Huang’s imperial army would look like at that time, 210-209 BC. The army was built in order to protect the emperor in the afterlife. Today, there are still miles of land with unexcavated treasures.
Different pits have different figures – ranging from military personnel to musicians, acrobats, and strongmen. In the main and most impressive vault of the museum, you will see figures arranged in typical battle formation in 11 columns comprising officers, soldiers holding spears and swords, and others steering horse-drawn chariots, as if ready for one last battle. Don’t hesitate to explore the museum exhibits displaying artifacts and a film on the fascinating history of the mausoleum.
After your visit to the Terracotta Warriors, we will go to a Xian Arts and Crafts Factory where you’ll see how the terracotta army statues were and are made, and have the opportunity to buy some for your family, friends, or yourself.
Then, we will transfer you back to your hotel with the rest of the day on your own arrangement.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Xian city centre to start this tour.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please choose a departure time (8:30 am or 1:00 pm)
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.