Morning: Barranco and Pachacamac tour
Visit the Sanctuary of god Pachacamac, believed to be the creator of the universe adored by old andean civilizations. A sacred and ceremonial site, dating back to the beginnings of Christianity, where thousands of pilgrims converged to pay tribute and consult the Pachacamac oracle, who they believed could see the past, the future and fate. The site comprises the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of Pachacamac and the Acllahuasi or Palace of the Virgins of the Sun.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick-up from your hotel in Lima ( Miraflores, San Isidro or Barranco)
- Entrances to Pachacamac
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Barranco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barranco, Lima Peru
Pick you up from your accommodation in Lima around 9am then start of the tour.
The excursion begins with a panoramic view of the “Pucllana Pyramid” built in IVth century a.D., and considered as a “sacred village” by the Incas.
Then have a guided tour through the splendid and vast archeological site of the Pachacamac Oracle, also known as the temple of the deity. The old Andean civilizations believed Pachacamac was the creator of the universe.
The citadel comprises temples, pyramids and palaces, such as the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of Pachacamac, the “Acllahuasi” or Palace of the Virgins of the Sun, amongst others. The whole area was considered holy and part of the mystical axis of the world.
The tour includes a visit to the bohemian district of Barranco, where we will see the “Puente de los Suspiros” and delight in some spectacular sights of the Pacific Ocean.
We will be back to our accommodation around 14:30h
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Lima, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotel in Miraflores or San Isidro, hotel accommodation outside this area, we will set a meeting place.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.