Moray - Maras Salt Mines (Private Tour)
Houses the most important salt mines of the Inca period and we also find the archaeological site of
Moray which is an agricultural research center in Inca
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
The tour begins with the hotel pick-up and then take a 1-hour and 20-minute tour to our first place of visit, during the trip we will appreciate snowfalls, lagoons, corn and potato fields.
The first place Moray (agricultural laboratory) where we can see Andean terraces in circular form and that are carved in the depths of the earth, in the form of a bowl, were used to adapt products to different climates.
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
After the visit to Moray we will go to “Salineras” or “salt of Maras”, this town is formerly known as a salt producing center and is believed to date from pre-Inca times.
We can find more 3500 Salt ponds strategically carved on the side of the mountain and filled by water channels.
Stop At: Cusco, Cusco, Cusco Region
Already back to the city of Cusco we will pass through a picturesque town “Chinchero” birthplace of the rainbow, this town is characterized by the fact that the Andean textile technique is still preserved. Approximate time of arrival 2:00 pm
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
pick up from hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.