Montserrat Tour & Organic Winery Plus Local Lunch from Barcelona
Explore Montserrat mountain, one of the most spectacular natural parks and spiritual spots in Catalonia and enjoy a wine experience at an organic production winery. Head to Montserrat mountain by a comfortable coach to visit the virgin of Montserrat, which is about 50 kilometers/30 miles from Barcelona, walk amongst the stunning and unique peaks, enjoy magnificent views, and visit the museum, which boasts a huge collection of artistic masterpieces spanning from the 13th to 20th centuries.
After your cultural visit head to a local restaurant to have a delicious three course meal comprised of regional products. Then round out your day with a visit to a neighboring biodynamic winery. On your winery tour you'll learn the tradition of making Wine and Cava (Catalan Champagne) and get to taste some most emblematic varietals. After the tour, we'll return to Barcelona and we'll drop you off where we started the tour in Plaza Catalunya.
per adult from
What's included :
- The Tour, the Guide and the Transport are exclusively and only for a group up to 15 people.
- Complimentary cup of coffee before embarking on our walking tour.
- Take a guided tour around the monastery, the museum, the church and the market with local products.
- Have a delicious three-course meal in a renowned local restaurant with products and drinks of the Penedes region- our treat!
- Sample local Wines and Cava (Catalan Champagne) during an expert-lead tasting.
- Small groups to ensure a personalized experience.
- Transported in a comfortable vehicle FROM/TO the meeting point (Central Barcelona)
- Entry/Admission - Montserrat Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Departure from Barcelona is at 8:30 AM from the heart of the city, Plaza Catalunya. You'll enjoy a comfortable coach and ride straight to Montserrat, approximately an hour drive away. Once at the top, your guide will take you on a walking tour through the monastery explaining the geological formation of the mountain and the history of the Virgin Black Madonna.
You will visit the church where you can attend a mass while enjoying the surrounding beautiful interior design. Additionally, you have a chance to see the unique chapels accompanied by your guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Montserrat Museum, Montserrat Spain
You'll have the opportunity to visit the museum that houses one the most incredible collections of art in Catalonia complete with sculptures, drawings, and paintings. Here, you'll see pieces from Picasso, Dali, Caravaggio, Monet, Sisley, Renoir, Rusiñol, Pisarro to name a few.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mercat de Montserrat, Via Favencia 241, 08042 Barcelona Spain
You'll enjoy the stunning views and the unique landscape of the area and have time to sample and purchase the well-known cheeses and honey from Montserrat in the market.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, Catalonia
We'll continue on to a local restaurant where you'll have a marvelous three course meal taking pleasure in the exclusive gastronomy of the area, one of the most important appellations of origin in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vilafranca del Penedes, Vilafranca del Penedes, Catalonia
Next, we'll board the coach and you will have an unforgettable experience in a small production family-owned winery where you will learn all about the process of Wine and Cava, or otherwise known as Catalan Champagne, production from the vineyards to the table. With your guide you will listen to a specialized enologist who will immerse you in this magical world of wine. You will taste different local grape varieties like macabeu, xerel-lo and perellada amongst others from other countries.
After the tour, we will bring you back to Barcelona and we'll drop you back off in Plaza Catalunya where you started your wonderful day.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, 19, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough bookings to meet requirements (2 person minimum per tour). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We comply with all Covid 19 safety protocols for tourist agency operation in Barcelona
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.