Montserrat Small Group Tour with Sagrada Familia Direct Access and Audioguide
Take a short trip from Barcelona to nearby Catalonia's Montserrat on this small-group tour! With a local guide, head to the top of this rugged mountain to see its main attraction, the Virgin of Montserrat. Then take a walk to enjoy amazing views, or check out a museum. You can combine this experience with another quintessential Barcelona activity by upgrading to include a skip-the-line ticket to Antoni Gaudi’s extraordinary La Sagrada Familia basilica. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Meet your guide in central Barcelona and board your comfortable minivan for the scenic one-hour drive to Montserrat. From the base of the craggy mountain, you have the option to ride up in a cable car (own expense) for fabulous valley views. Alternatively, stay on board with your guide to drive to the mountaintop by minivan.
At the top of Montserrat, visit the 1,000-year-old Santa Maria de Montserrat Basilica to see its claim to fame: the Virgin of Montserrat. Then tour the Museum of Montserrat’s collection of religious art, artifacts and sculpture. If you don't want to visit the museum, follow trails that wind around the mountaintop for wonderful views of Catalonia. For equally stunning views you can take a ride around the mountaintop by rack railway (own expense).
La Sagrada Familia Upgrade:
Make the most of your time in Barcelona by combining your Montserrat tour with skip-the-line entry to Antoni Gaudí’s La Sagrada Familia church. With this upgrade, you can choose the time and date of your visit, giving you the freedom to fit it in with your other plans. Simply inform in the Special Requirements section when you want to visit the church between 9am and 6pm. If you do not state a specific time to visit the church, your tickets will be purchased automatically for the same day of your visit to Montserrat. If you are doing the afternoon tour, your tickets will be bought for a time between 10am and 12pm the following day. If you are doing the morning tour, your tickets will be bought for a time between 3pm and 6pm the same day. Please contact the office to arrange collection of the tickets. Please note, these tickets are non refundable, and cannot be modified after purchase
This unique upgrade option allows you to spend as much time inside the church as you wish!
Simply make your own way to La Sagrada Familia and then head inside to enjoy a 45-minute visit on your own. The wait lines here are almost as legendary as the building’s fantastic architecture, but you can avoid them! Before you go inside, admire the sculpted portals, spires and chapels around the basilica’s exterior. This UNESCO World Heritage site has been under construction since 1882, and is not due for completion until 2026.
Please note: audio-guide and towers are not included in this ticket.
Departure Point :Explore Catalunya, C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour operates in English only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.