Montserrat Cardona and Salt Mountain Small Group Tour
This great value combined tour will allow you to discover the two main highlights of the Catalan countryside near Barcelona in a day.
Your guide will pick you up at your accommodation in Barcelona in a comfortable private vehicle shared by a friendly small group of no more than 8 people. During the tour, the guide will share interesting stories about Catalonia, Cardona, and Montserrat, giving you a deep understanding of the area while keeping the tour entertaining and engaging throughout the day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance to Montserrat Monastery
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off in Barcelona city (between 8 and 9 am)
- Small Group tour of max 8 people to ensure a personalised experience
- Listen to the famous Escolanía de Montserrat Boys Choir (subject to seasonal availability)
- Professional local guide
- Walking tour of the Natural Park of Montserrat
- Walking Tour of Cardona
- Tickets to Cardona Salt Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Cardona salt mountain
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Funicular de Sant Joan
- Entry/Admission - Sant Jeroni
- Entry/Admission - Aeri de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Montserrat Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Get on the road and head to the mystic mountain of Montserrat.
This natural park, with its very peculiar peaks, protects the spiritual essence of Catalonia. For almost 1,000 years, a Benedictine community has lived in these mountains located 60 km away from Barcelona.
Visit the Basilica of Montserrat, house of the serene image of the Black Virgin of Montserrat (the famous “Moreneta”), the saint patron of Catalonia, a polychrome Romanesque carving of the 12th century.
On the way, listen to interesting stories about Catalonia and its bounding to the holy mountain, scene of pilgrims since ancient times and part of the route to Santiago de Compostela. Your guide will share important information to understand the heritage you will discover during the tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Montana de Montserrat, 08199 Montserrat Spain
Once you reach the monastery, you have plenty of options and your guide will always adjust to your interests. We invite you to take an easy walk of around 30 min to enjoy one of the most astonishing views of the natural park, but if you wish you can also decide to enjoy other activities that the mountain offers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Funicular de Sant Joan, Pl. Espanya station lobby Operates in the area around Mare de Déu de Montserrat abbey. From the abbey esplanade, the Sant Joan railway connects with the highest part of the mountain, 08691 Montserrat Spain
Decide with your small group of 8 pax if you want to enjoy a ride in the rack railway that will bring you at the top of the holy mountain. Enjoy astonishing views along the way.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sant Jeroni, Montserrat Spain
Reach the peak of the holy mountain to enjoy a bird's eye view of the entire Montserrat Monastery and of the natural park. On clear days, you will enjoy uninterrupted views of the whole of Catalunya.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aeri de Montserrat, Ctra C-55 , Km 11,5, 08199 Monistrol de Montserrat Spain
If you skipped the funicular, you can enjoy the cable car, a breathtaking journey over the Llobregat River and Valley, up the mountain and right up to Montserrat Monastery.
If you are not afraid of heights, you will be in for a really memorable and rewarding experience.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Montserrat Museum, Montserrat Spain
If you wish, you can also decide to visit the Montserrat museum. It has an important section of early paintings, spanning the 13th to the 18th centuries, with works by El Greco, Caravaggio as well as a large collection of Catalan paintings that includes major names such as Picasso, Dalí and Miró but also of French impressionism such as Chagall, Braque, Le Corbusier, etc...
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cardona, Cardona, Bages, Catalonia
Visit the medieval town of Cardona, a citadel famous for resisting Napoleon and for its salt mines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cardona salt mountain, Carr. de la Mina, s/n, 08261 Cardona, Barcelona, Spain
Descend to the salt mines of Cardona and discover its importance to the region
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Please make sure to include the address of your accommodation when booking.- Even if your Hotel is not listed, you can type it down in the field.- Pick-up time will be between 8 and 9 am. We will send a message 24 hours prior departure through the booking system to inform you on the specific pick-up time at your hotel as well as the name of your guide and the telephone number.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. 1 child is free of charge. 2 or more children get 50% discount, based on the price of two adults.
- Pickup time will be sent via email to you a few days prior to your tour
- 8 people maximum to ensure a small-group tour
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.