Montecassino day tour from Rome
The Abbey of Montecassino is one of the most renowned in the world. In 529 St. Benedict chose this mountain to build a monastery that would have hosted himself and the monks who followed him from Subiaco. At this time, paganism was still present, but St. Benedict managed to turn this place into a well-structured Christian monastery full of dignity and purpose, prayer and work.
Over the centuries the abbey has known both magnificence and destruction, and like a phoenix from fire has always been reborn stronger from its ruins."Ora et Labora et Lege": this is the motto of the Rule of Saint Benedict that the monks still follow in their daily routine. Some study in the library surrounded by ancient books, or do research in the archive of wonderful manuscripts, others welcome guests who arrive in search of a moment of inner peace and serenity.
Enjoy a comfortable journey from Rome to Montecassino, with a guide to help you discover the city, its abbey and its places of memory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- guided tour
- Monte Cassino Polish War Cemetery and The Commonwealth War Cemetery
- Abbey of Monte Cassino
- Monastery of Monte Cassino
- Pick up and drop off for all accomodation inside aurelian walls
- Small group limited to a maximum of 15 people
- Entry/Admission - Abbazia di Montecassino
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abbazia di Montecassino, Via Montecassino, 03043, Cassino Italy
The Abbey of Montecassino is one of the most known Abbeys in the world. In 529 Saint Benedict chose this mountain to build a monastery that would host him and those monks following him on the way from Subiaco. The motto of Saint Benedict's Rule is Ora et labora et lege, the monks still follow in their daily routine. Within the centuries the Abbey has met magnificence and destruction many times. Every day thousands of pilgrims and visitors from all around the world come to this threshold.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Monte Cassino Polish War Cemetery, SR149, 03043, Cassino Italy
The Polish war cemetery at Monte Cassino holds the graves of 1,072 Poles who died storming the bombed-out Benedictine abbey atop the mountain in May 1944, during the Battle of Monte Cassino. The cemetery is maintained by the Council for the Protection of Memorial Sites of Struggle and Martyrdom. The cemetery itself can be clearly viewed from the Abbey, which lies just a few hundred meters away.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All accomodation inside Aurelian Walls
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.