Monreale tour: stunning mosaics and beautiful blend of christian and islamic
Guided tour of Monreale, just 5 km from Palermo to 310 m above sea level on the hill of Mount Caputo. The visit will start from the cathedral, symbol of the town and declared in 2015 Unesco World Heritage monument.
The Cathedral is undoubtedly an architectural masterpiece of the 12th century, in which different tastes are linked to the architecture of northern Europe, Romanesque art and Arabic art. Outside it is richly enriched by two bronze doors, the first of the Bonanno da Pisa and the second, not least, of the Barisano di Trani who also built that of Ravello and the cathedral of Trani.
The interior is illuminated by magnificent gold mosaics that culminate in the Christ Pantocrator in the apsidal basin as the highest expression of figurative art.
The tour continues with the visit of the monastery and the cloister flanked to the cathedral in the ancient Benedictine monastery and with the belvedere overlooking the valley and the golden basin of orange and citrus groves.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Ticket entry
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Monreale, Piazza Guglielmo II 1, 90046, Monreale, Sicily Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza Guglielmo II, 90046 Monreale PA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.