Mongkok Foodie Tour
Explore Hong Kong culture and cuisine as you weave through the busy streets of Mongkok on this 3.5 hour walking Food Tour. Famous for its vibrant atmosphere, shopping and markets, Mongkok is one of the best places to indulge in Hong Kong cuisine. Enjoy famous Roast Goose, Dim Sum, Snake Soup, Sweet Tofu pudding and more. This tour is perfect for foodies that are a bit more adventurous. Tasting locations are a mixture of small family run businesses and more established restaurants. This is small group tour limited to 6 people, ensuring a personalized experience, and is led by a fully licensed Hong Kong guide. Come to see and taste Hong Kong through the eyes of a true local.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- 6-7 tasting locations (subject to availability)
- Licensed English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant street of Mongkok. Commencing in the afternoon near Mongkok MTR, the tour starts with a delicious tasting of Roast Goose before touring Mongkok's fascinating outdoor fresh food market. From there, you will explore the rest of Mongkok and discover many of the delicacies that Hong Kong is famous for.
Tastings on this tour include (subject to change):
• Dim Sum: This innovative restaurant has all your traditional favorites plus some more contemporary choices. Highly reviewed and simply delicious.
• Roast Goose: Succulent goose with crispy skin and plum sauce from this goose specialty restaurant that is more than 50 years old.
• Snake Soup: It’s true, it does taste like chicken. This tasty meaty soup is full of health benefits. You might try it for the novelty of snake, but it is the flavor of the soup that you will be impressed by. Always a favorite.
• Dao Fu Fa (sweet tofu dessert): Silky smooth soft tofu in a sweet syrup. This eatery doesn’t look like much but is a favorite of some famous chefs.
• Street Snacks: If you have been to Hong Kong before you would have seen these busy corner shops selling all sorts of skewers, but probably didn't know what they are and where it is safe to try. Try some local street snacks.
• Bakeries: No eating experience in Hong Kong would be complete without trying some of the local baked goods. Your tour guide knows where to find the best.
• Matcha Smoothie: Hong Kong locals love modern desserts, try a matcha and red bean smoothie
Departure Point :Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English, Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Minimum numbers apply to run a tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.