MOGOK TOURS (The valley of rubies in Myanmar and extendable trip from Mandalay)
MOGOK is popular in Myanmar as the Ruby Land. World class precious Ruby were found in Mogok; the valley of rubies in Myanmar. You will experience the quiet town, pleasant weather which is even colder than Pyin Oo Lwin and Kalaw in Myanmar. Lesser known summer vacation spot for even Myanmar people. Not touristic and very easy to move around the town and explore.
Lisu, Shan, Chinese, Bamar, Karen, Palaung Indian and Gurkhas ethnics people are living in peace and harmonious ways, and we'll get to know more insightful culture of them, living styles, costumes and their foods. As well as a leisurely trek to the villages and gardens, swimming at pristine waterfall, and tasting plenty of foods will be amazing experiences for you.
It will be also included mountaineering experiences, motorcycle ride, listening Lisu music, and a land transport all the way from Yangon, Mandalay and end up in Mogok after passing 999 mountains drive.
A real gem trip!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 4 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- The listed price does not include per person security surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The security surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Day 1: Pick up 5:00 AM in Yangon. We'll drive all the way to Mandalay City, it will take about 8-9 hours to reach there. Upon arrival, check in to the hotel in Mandalay. If we're still fresh, we can drive to U Bein Bridge in Mandalay for sunset view. An easy walk over the world longest wooden bridge and enjoy the picturesque sunset view. Hotel in Mandalay.
Day 2: Morning after breakfast, we'll be driving up to Mogok hill station passing several towns and 999 mountains. On the way, stop for a toilet break and to stretch our legs. Lunch time we'll be in Mogok home and enjoy home cooked lunch. Afternoon visit Ruby market in the open hectic air, a nice walk to the Lisu villages and watch the sunset and city view over Daw Nan Kyi's mountain, located 4, 500 ft above the sea level. Stay at Mogok family home. Dinner is with local foods.
Day 3: Trekking to Lisu, and Gurkhas villages, swimming at Yay-Htwat-Gyi Waterfall
Breakfast is with simple foods. We'll then continue our adventure trekking journey to Lisu and Gurkhas villages where villagers are growing little gourd vegetable and other plants. A little stream is flowing beside their garden and the jungle flowers are blossoming. A truly close to the nature and we'll get very very refreshing moment during the trek. Afterward, enjoy showering at Yay-Htawt-Gyi Waterfall on our way back. Lunch is with traditional Mogok foods. Afternoon, visit eastern part of Mogok, to visit some pagodas and temples as well as we can enjoy at the view point hill for the mountain and town views. Mogok family home.
Day 4: Mogok and surrounding villages by Motorbike Adventure tour
After tasting local breakfast, we'll be riding toward other Lisu villages, and Gurkhas villages. On the way passing pine tree plantation, Taung-Ga-Tone hill view, Ruby fields, several villages and stunning landscape of Mogok's countryside. Drinks Lisu's style alcohol cooked from the rice and taste pork sausage that made at home. Continue ride to the town and one of our days in Mogok, we'll stop for a coffee break at Golden Butterfly Hotel in Mogok; it's very beautiful cozy hotel and worth your visit to there for the view. Mogok home stay. Dinner is served at Lu Du Restaurant, No.1 restaurant for tasting delicious Mogokd styles foods.
Day 5: Good bye Mogok. After breakfast, we'll driver downhill toward Mandalay. Lunch is served at Mingalarbar Myanmar Restaurant in Mandalay with Burmese foods. Continue drive to Yangon, and we'll be getting in the evening. Our 5 days tour end in Yangon.
Note: Our visitors can join up this trip from Mandalay. We can tailor the tour accordingly and adjust the price.
Departure Point :We'll start pick up from the hotel in Yangon by car to Mandalay.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :After 5 days tour, we'll get back to Yangon
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Permission fees to be advised addiitonal (We need 1 month in advance to apply for the permission to visit Mogok
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.