Mixquic Day of the Dead Celebration from Mexico City
Mixquic is a town that symbolizes the essence of the ritual of death and it's well-known for hosting a very traditional Day of the Dead celebration. On this day trip, you'll get to visit this town and admire how the locals enjoy this important day. See colorful altars and dancers and learn all about the way locals receive their deceased relatives and friends in a totally unique ritual. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Visit Church of St. Andrew the Apostle
- Pantheon Mixquic
- Show of the Lightened
- A Chocolate with shape of skull (Typical mexican candy)
- Travel insurance board unit
- Box lunch (green salad, Chicken Milanese ciabatta, gelatin, soda, hand frui, bag of chips.
What's excluded :
- Nothing previously unspecified
- Pick up and Drop off from the hotel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Andres Mixquic, Mexico City Mexico
you will witness the Day of the Dead celebration that takes place in the town every year. Mixquic locals enjoy this important event as they set out beautiful carpets of sawdust, cempasuchil flowers, prehispanic dances and colorful altars in order to honor the deceased. This is one of the most important celebrations in Mexico because families gather to visit the cemetery and decorate the tombs of their deceased family, putting offerings conformed by fruit, water, salt, a typical bread called "pan de muerto", candles and more.
Along with your guide, you'll walk along the town and learn all about the importance of this day and how locals honor the dead in a totally unique ritual. You will truly experience and live the Mexican culture. You will also have the chance to try traditional foods (not included) and take memorable pictures of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. You'll get a chocolate skull during the tour to savor and remember this day.
Duration: 11 hours
Departure Point :Av. de la República 154, Tabacalera, Cuauhtémoc, 06030 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The passenger have to arrive to our meeting point
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.