Mixco Viejo Mayan City Tour
Mixco Viejo is an archaeological site in the north east of the Chimaltenango department of Guatemala, some 50 kilometres to the north of Guatemala City. Join us on a full-day tour as we bring you to explore this tourist attraction – we promise you nothing but an enriching day of fun!
Named after being erroneously associated with the Postclassic Poqomam capital referred to in colonial records by that name, Mixco Viejo is a moderate-sized ruined city of the Postclassic Maya civilization, and is the last city of the Kaqchikel who fight against the conquers. You will start off either from Antigua or Guatemala City, and be driven 2 hours to El Quiché, where the old city hides in the mountains. Once you arrive, a guide will bring you around the ruins with a full historical recount of the Spanish conquest.
Lunch will be inside the ruins over the top of a pyramid – where you can take in a spectacular view of the mountains.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Mixco Viejo, San Martin Jilotepeque
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mixco Viejo, San Martin Jilotepeque, Mixco Viejo, Guatemala
Explore the ruins of Mixco Viejo.
Get a better understanding of Mayan history.
Lunch over the top of a pyramid.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up and drop off at any location of Guatemala City and surroundings. It can be at your hotel, friend place, International Airport or even if you are in Antigua Guatemala.Airports
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.