Mitad del Mundo Complex, Hummingbird´s Sanctuary and Hike in the Cloudforest
Join this 7 -8-hour tour to Mitad del Mundo Complex (Inti Ñan Museum), its surroundings. Later, discover a small oasis for hummingbirds in a private property which is located just 45 minutes away from the equator line. This spot is home of 32 hummingbirds species that have so far been seen here, either at the feeders or in the reserve, Of course, you won’t see all 32 species here at any one time, from 12- 20 species is usual on any given day!
Hike for one hour in Pahuma Orchid Reserve which is a tranquil site that is run by dedicated staff who have a passion for conservation and enthusiastically share their knowledge of the reserve with all visitors.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities during the trip
- Driver/guide / more than 4 pax driver + guide
- Certified English/Spanish speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Lunch (optional under request)
- Entrance fee to Inti Ñan Museum, Pahuma reserve, Hummingbird´s Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Intinan Museum
- Entry/Admission - El Pahuma Orchid Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Alambi Reserve
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
The Intiñan Musuem is located just outside of Quito right next to the Mitad del Mundo monument. Most people know that Mitad del Mundo's equator line is a bit off. Intiñan has their own marker and it's closer to the right spot.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: El Pahuma Orchid Reserve, Quito Ecuador
Pahuma Orchid Reserve is a 650 hectare (approx. 1,500 acres) protected cloud forest located only one hour from Quito. The reserve is home to over 300 species of orchids, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus), the Plate-billed Mountain Toucan (Andigena laminirostris), and other spectacular montane forest species.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alambi Reserve, Quito, Ecuador
Alambi is a family home-style guesthouse set in 250 hectares (625 acres) of mostly primary cloud forest at the foot of the Tandayapa Valley, famed among world birders.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels pick up/drop off outside of the city have an extra charge, please contact the local supplier.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 2 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.