Mirissa Whale Watching Private Day Trip from Colombo or Negombo
# Hassle-free whale watching boat ride in Mirissa.
# To and fro transfer from your hotel in the city of Colombo with an English speaking driver/guide.
# The comfort of air-conditioned vehicles during the tour.
# Complimentary water bottles.
Early in the morning around 3 A.M picks up from Colombo hotel or 2 A.M pick up from Negombo hotel and transfer to Mirissa – Approximately
2 ½ hours drive(Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel).
Afterwards,our driver will guide you to Mirissa harbor,the boat leave Mirissa harbor for Whale Safari at 06.30 AM.The boat safari tour take approximately
04 to 05 hours.(depends on spotting of whales and wish of our passengers).
Once you come back to the shore our guide will guide you the Beach Restaurant for a delicious lunch.
After lunch you can have a walk on the beach.
Later that evening you will be finishing the tour and returning to your hotel in Colombo.(Travel time approximately 2 ½ Hours)
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo
- Whale Watching Boat Charges & Entrance Fees (if option selected)
- Local taxes, parking and highway charges
- Private, air conditioned vehicle with English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- Video and Camera Permits
- Entry/Admission - Mirissa Whale Watching
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Any other services not specified above
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mirissa Whale Watching, AH 43, Sri Lanka
BLUE WHALES are the largest creatures on Earth – as well as fin whales, sei whales, sperm whales, orcas (killer whales), dolphins, flying fish, turtles, manta rays and whale sharks can all be seen during a whale watching trip a few miles off the South Coast of Sri Lanka.Mirissa is one of the best places in the world for whale watching, especially for the most famous largest marine mammal “Blue Whales”. Actually it takes only six to nine nautical miles from Mirissa harbor to reach whale habitats. Our whale watching tours start from Mirissa harbor and most of the time whales can be seen in very close to the Mirissa coast. Some days it takes several hours as they swim away for food in deep sea. During our journey to Blue whales we can see several other whale species, dolphins and other marine life also. Killer whales, Sperm whales, Bride whales and Pigmy killer whales are the different kind’s whales we can see. Spinner dolphins, Bottled nosed dolphins and Riso dolphins are the various dolphin types. Also Green back turtle, Whale shark, Flying fish and Tuna fish are other marine species can be seen in some days.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mirissa Beach, Mirissa 81740 Sri Lanka
Mirissa and its breathtaking sandy beach pretty much transforms your dreams and visions of a tropical paradise into an everyday reality.
Located close to the Southern tip of the Island of Sri Lanka and only about 200 km from the Equator, this secluded crescent shaped beach is the perfect place to sit back, relax and forget about all the hussle and bussle of your other life that’s a million miles away.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up anywhere in Colombo 1 to 15 Airports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Port of Colombo, 19 Chaithya Rd, Colombo 00100, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.