Minneriya National Park Safari from Polonnaruwa
This safari takes you on an exclusive ride through the Minneriya National Park which is highly famed for its elephants and wildlife. The three-tour options allow you to select whether you wish to watch wildlife during their morning activities, evening activities or even throughout the day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private Safari Jeep
- Hotel pick and drop off by a Private Safari Jeep
- Service of an English Speaking Driver also your Tracker
- Bottle of Water Per Person
- All Taxes & Service Charges
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, Minneriya 50150 Sri Lanka
You will be starting your tour from Polonnaruwa at 01:30 pm. Your safari jeep will be picking you up from your hotel and driving you to Minneriya National Park.
The park has many land types and growth. Wetlands mix in with agricultural land and rocky outcrops, and forests walk hand in hand with scrublands. This also means that the types of wildlife and birds that live in the park or visit it are quite varied.
You may get to see a crocodile or even an extremely rare grey slender loris if you’re lucky. A little herd of deer may visit the Minneriya reservoir as you watch early in the morning. If you plan your safari to the months of August, September or October you might get a chance to see the elephant congregation named the ‘Elephant Gathering’ with its collective number of over 150 elephants in one place. It’s said that the elephants arrive from all surrounding areas for this gathering annually.
If you opt for the evening safari, which is the best time to see this park, you can also see the elephants taking their daily bath and watch the many different kinds of birds heading off to their nests at the end of the day.
After you complete your half-day watching nature in action, you will be drop-off back at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Polonnaruwa
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.