Minneriya National Park Private Safari
Large numbers of Sri Lankan elephants are attracted to grass fields on the edges of the reservoir during the dry season. The Minneriya tank contributes to sustain a large herd. Elephants gathered here is numbering around 150-200. Some reports account number of elephants to as high as 700. They migrate here from Wasgamuwa National Park and benefit from food and shelter of the park's forest. Tourists visit Minneriya largely because of elephants, especially in dry season.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by Private Safari Jeep.
- Free Pickup/Drop off from/to any location within the radius of 5 KM from the Park Gate.
- Water Bottle Per Person.
- Experience Driver (Also your tracker).
- All taxes and service charges.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash).
- Pickup/Dropoff from/to any location not within a 5 KM radius of the park gate.
- Food and Bevarages.
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, 50150 Sri Lanka
Your safari will start at 2:30 pm at the Evening Safari option. If your hotel is within a 5 km radius to the entrance gate, you will also receive a complimentary pickup from your hotel. If not, you will meet your guide at the entrance guide during your selected departure time.
The park has many land types and growth. Wetlands mix in with agricultural land and rocky outcrops, and forests walk hand in hand with scrublands. This also means that the types of wildlife and birds that live in the park or visit it are quite varied.
You may get to see a crocodile or even an extremely rare grey slender loris if you’re lucky. A little herd of deer may visit the Minneriya reservoir as you watch early in the morning. If you plan your safari to the months of August, September or October you might get a chance to see the elephant congregation named the ‘Elephant Gathering’ with its collective number of over 150 elephants in one place. It’s said that the elephants arrive from all surrounding areas for this gathering annually.
If you opt for the evening safari, which is the best time to see this park, you can also see the elephants taking their daily bath and watch the many different kinds of birds heading off to their nests at the end of the day.
After you complete your 3-hour watching nature in action, you will return back to the hotel. the evening tour you will finish the tour at 5:30 pm. If your hotel is within a 5 km radius of the entrance gate you will receive a complimentary drop-off right to your hotel as well.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, Minneriya 50150 Sri Lanka
Minneriya national park
Departure Point :Habarana Roundabout, Habarana, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
In-front of Cargeels Food City
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.