Mini Group Tour: Bucket Life Beijing, Forbidden City and Juyongguan Great Wall
Among all the amazing wonders that this great city has to offer, Tian’anmen Square, The Forbidden City and The Great Wall are often the main 3 that come to mind. To begin you will visit Tian’anmen Square, which is at the very center of the modern city of Beijing. Next a journey of discovery in the Forbidden City, the world’s largest single palace complex which was home to the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties. After this is a trip to the Chinese Silk Gallery. An integral element in Chinese culture. Before the Great Wall, you will enjoy your lunch at the Jade Factory. Finally live out the dream as you walk on the picturesque Juyongguan section of the Wall. Juyongguan means “First Pass Under the Heavens”. This heavily fortified pass was often referred to as the “throat of Beijing”.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off within 4th ring road
- English speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Juyongguan Great Wall
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Tian’anmen Square is at the very centre of the modern city of Beijing. Bounded to the north by Tiananmen Gate and the Rostrum, to the west by the Great Hall of the People, to the east by the Museum of the Chinese Revolution and the Museum of Chinese History, and to the south by the imposing Qianmen Gate. Covering 44 hectares, it is the largest public square in the world. In the center of the square are the Monument to the People’s Heroes and the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall where Mao Tse Tung’s embalmed body lies in state. It was from the Rostrum that Mao proclaimed the People’s Republic of China on the 1st of October 1949. The most recognisable feature of the Rostrum is Mao’s portrait; a required backdrop for any photo visitors may take of themselves.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Forbidden City, so called because it was off limits to commoners throughout the history of Imperial China. Commoners caught in the Palace during this period were executed. Only once a year was a ‘commoner’ allowed to pass through the central gate of the entrance to the city (reserved for the passage of the Emperor). From this Palace the emperors governed China, often rather erratically, as they tended to become lost in this self contained little world and rarely left it. A truly great monument to a great civilization.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Juyongguan Great Wall, Great wall of China, Changping, Beijing,, Beijing China
Juyongguan [First Pass under the Heavens] is located in an 18 kilometer-long valley named "Guangou" 50 kilometers from Beijing City. It was one of the three most important passes on the Great Wall of China during the Ming and Qing dynasties. The other two passes are Jiayuguan and Shanhaiguan The present Pass was initially built in the Ming Dynasty. It is a very important strategic place connecting the inner land and the area near the northern border of China and as the access point to the capitol, Beijing.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from Beijing hotels within the 4th ring road, separate end point
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- You will need to walk through steep stairs and unpaved roads in certain sites. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Beijing hotels within 4th ring road.
- Passport information is required for the forbidden city tickets booking, please forward each individual traveler's full name and passport number.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.