Mini Group Day Tour to Zhouzhuang & Jinxi Ancient Water Towns from Shanghai
Join this mini group (a maximum of 6 foreign travellers) to explore the 2 ancient towns from Shanghai. There is no shopping stop in the itinerary. If you would like to experience the local life and see the ancient folk houses, this tour is a nice choice for you.
Our guide can speak fluent English and is professional. You do not need to worry about getting lost by follow him/her.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Simple Chinese lunch in a local restaurant
- Entrance to Zhouzhuang & Jinxi
- Downtown hotel pickup and dropoff service
- Guide service
- Entry/Admission - Zhouzhuang Water Town
- Entry/Admission - Jinxi Ancient Town
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- Gratuity to guide and driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zhouzhuang Water Town, Qing Ping Shanghai Highway, Kunshan 215300 China
In the morning, you will be picked up from your downtown hotel at around 8:00AM. And then, head to Zhouzhuang Water Town. You will get there at around 10:00.
Known as the “First Ancient Water Town” of China and selected as the "Top Ten Most Beautiful Towns in the World" by CNN, Zhouzhuang was first built in 1806 (during Chinese North Song dynasty).
Walk into the town, you could find that between the rivers and the lanes, there are well-preserved ancient small bridges, painted walls, gray tiles and houses. On the river, there are 14 well-preserved stone bridges constructed during the Yuan, Ming or Qing dynasty (1271-1911). The locals live along the river. Most of the folk houses still keep the style of the Ming and Qing dynasty.
Zhouzhuang has a long history and rich cultural heritage, and the unique natural environment has formed a unique water town customs.
Taking a wooden boat on the river is a good way to spend your time here. (The boat ticket is included.)
After the cruise, you will have your dinner in a local restaurant at around 12:00.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Jinxi Ancient Town, Jinxi Town, Kunshan 215324 China
Then, drive to the next destination- Jinxi Ancient Town. It’s about 30 minutes’ ride.
Jinxi is a long-established water town. It is known as the “hometown of Chinese folk museums”. There are many cultural landscapes and historic sites, as well as countless architectural houses with styles of Ming and Qing dynasty. There are many rivers and lake inside the town, hence, the local built a lot of bridges. You still can find many well-preserved ancient bridges in the town. If you do not like the famous ancient towns with crowds during the holidays, Jinxi is a good choice for you.
The tour ends at around 16:00. And then drive back to your downtown hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pickup service from hotels located in downtown Shanghai.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.