Mini Group CityWalk: Guilin Scenic and Outskirts Ancient Town
Explore the unique charm of Guilin with our professional local guide during this day trip. Walk along the peaceful pathways in an ancient village, feeling the atmosphere of rural life stretching back to imperial times, and experience Guilin traditional cultures and folk arts in a beautiful village nearby a tributary of the Li River, discover the secret recipe of the locals’ favorite daily dishes.
Taste this city’s atmosphere, admire the splendid “natural art” in Reed Flute Cave, and walk along the banks of the scenic Two Rivers and Four Lakes water system. During this day trip, you’ll witness the unique city of Guilin.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle with hotel pickup and drop off services.
- English-speaking local guide service.
- A walking trip to the Two Rivers and Four Lakes.
- Bottled water
- Entrance tickets as listed in the itinerary.
- Entry/Admission - Daxu Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Reed Flute Cave (Ludi Yan)
What's excluded :
- Airport transfer.
- Your personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Daxu Old Town, Daxu Old Street, Guilin China
You will visit Xiongcun, has a history of more than 1,000 years. It was a very busy town in the past but its popularity faded as time went by. The original prosperity has been replaced with old houses, mossy stone steps, and elderly villagers who retell the village’s ancient stories.You’ll have the chance to visit a local family’s home and experience their peaceful lifestyle. Witnessing the lifestyle of the villagers will make you feel as though you have traveled back in time by several hundred years.
Next, you'll visit a rebuilt village name Dong Li Ancient Village, which is near the mountains and nearby an important tributary (Chao Tian River) of the Li River. This village preserves the old dwellings style of Northen Guangxi. You may also see many handicrafts here, like pressing old with a flying hammer, weaving cotton cloth, forging iron, making wine, etc. As the city develops, some of handicrafts are dying out.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Reed Flute Cave (Ludi Yan), 0773-2695075, Guilin 541001 China
Visit the most famous cave in Guilin — Reed Flute Cave. It is called a “natural art museum” due to the numerous beautiful stalactites and stalagmites inside it.
Decorated with colorful spotlights and with intriguing shadows cast across the cave’s small pool, it’s as though you are looking at a beautiful Chinese painting. A karst cave on such a great scale as this and with such beautiful natural formations is a rare natural phenomenon in the world.
Now Reed Flute Cave has become a calling card of Guilin. More than 180 international heads of state and politicians have visited this cave, including two former presidents of the United States, Nixon and Carter.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gunanmen, China, Guangxi Zhuangzuzizhiqu, Guilin Shi, Xiufeng Qu, 榕萌路
You can enjoy a walk around the city’s water system — Two Rivers and Four Lakes.
The two rivers in the name relate to Guilin’s two major rivers running through the city: the Li River and the Peach Blossom River. The four lakes in the name refer to the four major lakes in the city: Ronghu (Banyan Lake), Shahu (Chinese Fir Lake), Guihu (Osmanthus Lake), and Mulonghu (Wood Dragon Lake). These rivers and lakes are linked together in a circuit.
Your walk will begin at Gunanmen (‘Old South Gate’), which used to be the south gate of Guilin during the Tang Dynasty in about 700 AD.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
1. Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the urban areas of Guilin. Please tell us your hotel/accommodation name, address and phone number at the time of booking. 2. The hotel collection and drop-off area should be within the following area: the north side is Beijiguangchang/北极广场, the west side is West Hill Park/西山公园, the east side is Sanlidian Square/三里店广场 and the south side is Wonderful Plaza/万福广场. Most of the major hotels are located in these areas such as The Sheraton Hotel, The Shangri-la Hotel, The Li River Waterfall Hotel and Guilin Bravo Hotel etc.3. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the appointed hotel which your tour guide will tell you the day before the trip.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the urban areas of Guilin. Urban area includes: the north side is Beijiguangchang/北极广场, the west side is West Hill Park/西山公园, the east side is Sanlidian Square/三里店广场 and the south side is Wonderful Plaza/万福广场. Most of the major hotels are located in these areas such as The Sheraton Hotel, The Shangri-la Hotel, The Lijiang Waterfall Hotel and Guilin Bravo Hotel etc.
- Infants must sit on laps
- You will receive details about tour guide and exact pickup time in your voucher the day before. And the tour guide will also call you via hotel or leave a message for you about pickup time the night before tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.