Milos Experience Geological and Volcanic Half Day Experience
Discover the Volcanic Side of Milos, the unique mineral Wealth and the colours tha Characterize it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Luxurious VAN or 7 seat SUV4X4 vehicle, Guide – Mini bar with soft drinks, water, maps, Child seat.
- Entry/Admission - Papafragas Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Papafragas Cave, Norther Coast Papafranka Greece
Our tour starts from the MINE of AGGERIA on the Northeast side of Milos, with aspects that amaze the visitor such as its size and the variety of colors that alternate on the subsoil. Later, we pass by the village of ZEFYRIA where the Holly Temple of Panagia Portiani stands out, the old capital of the island, and we head east to the area of Paliorema or THEIORICHIA. We will there see the ruins of the Sulfur Mining Plant which could be characterized as an outdoor museum because even today there are still rusty wagons on their rails, mining tunnels, deserted offices, tools and private items of the workers that take us back to the year of 1960 when the plant ended its operations. The majestic scenery can be ideally combined by swimming in the clear water of the beach with the yellowish pebbles colored by the sulfur and the wonderful backround of one of the greatest sights of the history of the island. Right after, our tour continues to the south part of Milos, the area of KALAMOS and the inactive volcano which last erupted about 90.000 years ago and nowadays steams out through cracks on the ground visible from a distance with an intense smell of sulfur, and an amazing view of the beach of Agia Kiriaki and the largest part of the island. Our excursion ends at the beach of PROVATAS, one of the most picturesque areas of the island.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Milos Experience Travel Agency, Adamantas 848 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.