Milos Experience Archaelogical and Cultural Experience
This Road Trip is the perfect way to explore the island. Your family or a group of your friends will have the time of their lives as our driver takes you to cosmopolitan or secluded beaches, traditional villages, museums and archaeological sights, natural wonders, caves and geological – volcanic sightseeing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Luxurious VAN or 7 seat SUV4X4 vehicle, Guide – Mini bar with soft drinks, water, maps, Child seat.
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Roman Theatre - Milos
- Entry/Admission - Klima Beach
- Entry/Admission - Mandrakia beach
- Entry/Admission - Sarakiniko Beach
What's excluded :
- Entrance to museums, archaeological sights, entrance and tasting at a winery and creamery, lunch
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Milos
- Entry/Admission - Plaka Castle (Venetian Castle of Milos)
- Entry/Admission - Pollonia Beach
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient Roman Theatre - Milos, Tripiti 84800 Greece
Our tour starts from the ANCIENT THEATRE of Milos, located on the east side of the narrow entrance of the gulf of Milos, among the modern villages of Tripiti and Klima, looking down to the largest natural port of the Mediterranean. Later, as we pass by the area where the statue VENUS OF MILOS was discovered and now graces the museum of Louvre in Paris France.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Catacombs of Milos, Tripiti 84800 Greece
We visit the CATACOMBS of Milos, that are the second most remarkable Prechristianic monument worldwide, following those of Rome, because of which Milos was proclaimed a Holy Island in 2014 making it a World Pilgrimage Centre and enforcing the image of our country as a focus of global, spiritual radiance.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Klima Beach, Kimolos 840 04, Greece
Right after, we meet the traditional village of KLIMA with the colorful “SYRMATA” beside the light green of the sea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plaka Castle (Venetian Castle of Milos), Plaka 848 00, Greece
We then visit the FOLKLORE and ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM in the capital of the island Plaka, to learn about the History and the traditional life of the island, as well as a walk around the narrow streets of the village with numerous little shops, ending at MARMARA, the yard of the church of Panagia Korfiatissa, enjoying the majestic view from the most amazing spot for taking photos on the island.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mandrakia beach, Mandrakia 848 00, Greece
We continue with a short visit in MANDRAKIA, a scenic fisherman’s village with 2 little docks that host Milos typical “Syrmata”, colorful – underground buildings – spaces where fishermen kept their boats.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sarakiniko Beach, Sarakiniko Greece
A stop for swimming at the famous Sarakiniko, the white volcanic rocks sculpted by the time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pollonia Beach, Pollonia 848 00, Greece
Then on the North side of the island we meet the archaeological site of the prehistoric city of FYLAKOPI, which is the most important city of the prehistoric Aegean Sea, where there are signs of people living there from the early days of the Bronze Age (around 3.000 B.C.). A short visit at the unique production unit of LOCAL TRADITIONAL DAIRY PRODUCTS, which will amaze you letting your senses free to taste. We then relax and enjoy a traditional lunch in POLLONIA, the most well known tourist destination of the island, which attracts tourist boats and connects Milos with Kimolos. Our tour ends with an amazing visit to the Vineyard and WINERY of the island, discovering all the stages of wine production as well as the promise of the oenologist for a trip of tasting the selected wines of Milos.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Milos Experience Travel Agency, Adamantas 848 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.