Milonga Dance Lesson and Tango History Tour
Our tour is ideal for those who want to enter deep into the world of Tango by learning the basic concepts of this dance and experiencing a traditional Milonga.
In these traditional ballrooms, the center of cultural life of the Argentines, you will not only learn basic steps with expert dancers, but you will also explore this culture in greater depth. This fantastic afternoon at a milonga, will turn you into a real "milonguero"!
Previously, our amazing tour also includes the Carlos Gardel Museum visit and an afternoon lunch at a historical Buenos Aires Café.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Milonga lesson
- Afternoon brunch at traditional Café
- Entrance ticket to Carlos Gardel Museum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 04:45 pm: we meet at the entrance of the Carlos Gardel Museum: the house where Carlos Gardel lived with his mother. He was a singer, songwriter, composer, actor and the most prominent figure in the history of tango. The house was in 1960s also a "tanguería" and it has been completely restored and nowadays exhibits the goods of cultural heritage and work of the singer.
06:00pm: we will go to "Las Violetas", a bar with more than 100 years of Buenos Aires history.
Declared "Historic Place of the City" in 1998 by the Legislature of the City of Buenos Aires, the bar was visited by presidents and famous artists and writers. Here we will enjoy a delicious and complete afternoon snack.
06:30pm: after the meal, we walk a few meters to La Catedral Club. Here we are going to take an incredible tango lesson (lasting an hour). Milongas such as La Catedral Club are typically Argentine cultural places where you can enjoy a unique experience. Outside touristic itineraries, people from Buenos Aires (porteños) come here to dance Milongas and Tango music. It's time for you to learn amazing dance steps along with expert dancers. Dare to live an unforgettable and truly "porteña" night!
• El Museo Casa Carlos Gardel, Jean Juares 735, Buenos Aires Argentina
• La Catedral Club, Sarmiento 4006, Buenos Aires C1197AAH Argentina
• 1 Salted Option - Sandwich / Chips / Toast.
One drink per person: Infusion / Hot chocolate / Orange juice
• 1 Sweet option - Portion of cake / Pudding / Fine doughs
Departure Point :Museo Casa Carlos Gardel, Jean Jaures 735, C1215 ACM, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Departure Time :4:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.