Mid-Autumn Festival Tour in Ho Chi Minh City
Known as Tet Trung Thu, the Mid-Autumn Festival is a great chance for tourist to learn more about the rich culture of the people of Vietnam. This tour takes you to a local home to gain first-hand insight into how to prepare the most important food of Tet Trung Thu - moon cakes; followed by dining on traditional food at a local restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Making moon cake
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City
Known as Tet Trung Thu, the Mid-Autumn Festival is a great chance for tourists to understand the culture and the people of Vietnam. We will start our tour at a local house where we can spend an hour or so with our host learning how to make moon cakes. Making moon cakes must take a lot of steps so the artisans must work carefully and creatively in order to make a lot of cakes with different shapes and flavours. We will then say goodbye to the local people and head to a restaurant to view some of the colorful Tet Trung Thu decorations. The restaurant will be decorated with colorful lanterns, candles, as traditional music is played.
After dinner, we will take a short walk around China town have become a popular destination for local visitors and shoppers during Mid-Autumn Festival, such as drums, lanterns, Earth God’s masks, lion dances, etc…Lion and dragon dancing is a popular activity in the Mid-Autumn Festival, so we can see this all the streets at night. According to the customs, if dragons or lions come into someone’s house on this occasion, they will dispel bad and dirty things out of the house and bring luck to that house.
If you take the tour on August 14 or August 15 of the Chinese Calendar, you will enjoy seeing lion dances and giving tips to the lion team. Then, we will return to your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center (district 1,3,5)
- Infant seats unavailable
- Infants must not sit on laps
- No public transportation nearby
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.