Micil Distillery Experience
The tour focuses on the story of how Micil Distillery came to be, from the original founder Micil Chearra who started with a small stillhouse in the hills of South Connemara to the current head distiller, his great-great-great-grandson Pádraic.
You'll learn the real history of poitín and gin, how they're made, and what makes our own products so unique. You'll experience the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a working distillery, hear some interesting, funny and daring stories, and get to taste for yourself the products we continue to make in a time-honoured tradition: spirits steeped in heritage, yet of their time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional tour guide
- Poitín and gin tasting
- Entry/Admission - Micil Distillery
What's excluded :
- Food, however Oslo Bar serves food daily
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Micil Distillery, Oslo Bar 226 Upper Salthill, Galway H91N9WK Ireland
A fascinating look at Galway's first working distillery in over 100 years
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :The Oslo Bar, 226 Upper Salthill Road, Galway, H91 K7WF, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Gift shop is available at the distillery
- Minimum age to taste alcohol is 18 years
- Children over 12 will be admitted to the tours, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- The distillery can be a little chilly sometimes, so best to bring a jacket
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.