Mezhyhirya Private Tour
Mezhyhirya was the state residence since 1935.
From 2007 till 2014, Yanukovych lived here, first as a Prime Minister and afterwards as a President of Ukraine.
He spent more than $ 1 billion of the state budget money to turn Mezhyhirya into a luxurious complex.
After the ex-president’s escape, the residence became the largest Museum of Corruption in the world and is open to visitors.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets to the Mezhyhirya Residenc
- Entry/Admission - Mezhyhirya Residence Museum
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Honka – $10
- Entrance fee to museum of retro cars – $2
- Entrance fee to bath complex – $2
- Entrance fee to dogs training center – $1,5
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mezhyhirya Residence Museum, Ivana Franka St. 19, Novi Petrivtsi 07354 Ukraine
Since the early days of Kievan Rus, there was a monastery in Mezhyhirya. According to legend, the library of Prince Yaroslav the Wise was kept in it. In 1935, the monastery was completely destroyed and a residence for the Soviet statesmen was built on its territory.
From 2007 to 2014, the former President Yanukovych built an incredibly luxury 140-hectare complex, enclosed by a 5-meter fence.
In 2016, Transparency International named Yanukovych the number one top corruption symbol in the world.
Today Mezhyhirya is one of the Ukraine’s main attractions and a vivid example of how power and money can influence a person.
YOU WILL SEE:
- Famous “Honka” – the world’s largest wooden palace. The most expensive materials were used for its decoration and interior.
- Restaurant on the water – a replica of the Spanish galleon, trimmed with gold leaves, marble and crystal.
- Wellness center that can compete with the most elite spa. Here you will see a cryogenic sauna, an oxygen chamber, an artificial salt cave etc.
- Pond with exotic fish. It is filled with water from ten artesian wells and never freezes.
- Zoo with exotic birds and animals (including the American rhea, Australian emu, and kangaroo).
- Training center for elite dogs (including the Chinese mastiff which is the most expensive breed in the world).
- Exotic trees, bushes and flowers.
- In Mezhyhirya, there is a Museum of retro cars, where you can see collection cars, Soviet representative limousines and even military equipment;
- “Honka” is the main element of the Museum of Corruption with many unique (and insanely expensive) things such as golden chandeliers, a music box that costs $ 0.5 million, a flower pot decorated with snake skin, Steinway & Sons piano etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
any place on request
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.