Meteora Highlights - Train to Train Tour
The best tour to see Meteora picking you up directly from Kalabaka train station when you arrive. See the entire area, all the monasteries and take the best panoramic photos with our expert in the area local tour leader.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up from Kalabaka Train Station
- Drop-off at the center of Kalabaka or Kalabaka Train Station
- Comprehensive 4-hour tour of Meteora
- See all six monasteries
- Visit inside the 2-3 most popular monasteries
- Local tour leader
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Train tickets
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees to the monasteries: 3€/person for each monastery
- State Licensed Guide inside the monasteries
- Optional gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Since you are visiting Meteora for a few hours you have to spend your time in the best way and enjoy as much as you can this amazing phenomenon. This tour is specially designed for people traveling from Athens or Thessaloniki to Meteora by train and departing the same day.
At 11:30 the train arrives at Kalabaka Train Station where our expert in the area local tour leader will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name.
After boarding our VIP Limo mini-bus we will make a short stop to relax from your trip and take something to eat and then you will begin your wonderful 4 hrs tour to see all the area of Meteora, all 6 active Monasteries and visit inside 3 of them. Our Tour Leader will give you full attention and care as the group will be small.
Plenty of photo opportunity stops and many secrets places that only locals know will make your tour a lifetime experience.
In essence, you will be given the chance to fully experience the magnificence of Meteora, a place that is honored by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, learn about its history, the architecture and the spirituality of the Monasteries, and see for yourselves this unique creation of nature.
At the end will be transferred back to Kalabaka center for a short walk in the city before the departure of the train, back to Athens or Thessaloniki.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Kalambaka, Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Important info : Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are not allowed to enter the monasteries , also ladies skirts below the knee are required. Please be prepared in order to enter the monasteries since the monasteries will not provide them.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.