Meteora Full Day Tour
Flexibility of the program.
Excellent drivers with knowledge of history.
Many options and many proposals from our staff so that you will really enjoy your tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Museum and archaelogical Site entrance fees are not included. Tour guide is not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Among the imposing volumes of Pindos and Antiochasia are the sacred rocks of Meteora and the city of Kalambaka. Meteora thanks to its uniqueness is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
On the tops of sandstone rocks in harmony with the natural landscape 24 monasteries were built during the Christian time. It is an important monument of Orthodoxy the most important monastic state after Mount Athos and has continued tradition for about six centuries. The first monasteries were built with extraordinary craftsmanship in the 14th century. Over the years some of them have been reconstructed until they are in their present form with their own architecture. The ascent earlier was done with scaffolding supported by beams embedded in the rocks with a net and later with ladders. Today visitors use the stairs that were carved on the rocks ensuring a comfortable and safe climb to the monasteries.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or airbnb in Athens
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.