Meteora Full Day Private Tour From Athens
The Meteora tour is certainly a long way but definately worth it. Save time and travel in flexibility and luxury choosing a private tour. Personalized"door to door" service will guarantee punctuality in order not to miss anything.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Meals ,Drinks and beverages
- Entrance fees to the Monasteries in Meteora( 3 euros per person per Monastery )
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thermopylae, Thermopylae, Phthiotis Region, Central Greece
Meet with your host early in the morning and start driving along central Greece. First stop will be at the battlefield of Thermopylae ( or the "Hot Gates" ). Here is where king Leonidas and the 300 Spartans fought against Persian King Xerxis during the 5 century BC.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Continue on through the plain of central Greece and pass by little towns like Trikala , Karditsa before reaching the modern town of Kalambaka or recently renamed as Meteora. First sight of the Unesco world heritage is breathtaking watching the grey vertical rocks as we approach .Upon arrival we shall visit Meteora and the 2 major monasteries. The breathtaking scenery perched on huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, will give you the chance to have great photos, while the top standing ageless monasteries will introduce you to exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. You will visit 2 monasteries.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
As soon as you finish with the monasteries we will arrive back at the city of Kalambaka for lunch. Plenty of choices of Greek traditional food will certainly meet your expectations.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
Long way back but certainly worth it. The driver will drop you off at your place.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For airport and cruise port arrivals please notice that our driver will wait for you at the arrivals terminal holdong a sign with your name on it. For AirBnB or ay other apartment pick ups, kindly notice that we need the full address and postal code ( 5 digits) of the apartment. Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy: Vehicles will be sanitized before every pick up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop. Face masks available for clients. Guides will wear facemasks and use microphone when guiding. Fresh trash bag will be place in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of the tours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Vehicles will be sanitized before every pick up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop. Face masks available for clients. Guides will wear facemasks and use microphone when guiding.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.