Merida Uxmal and Cacao Plantation Day Trip from Cancun and Riviera Maya
Explore ancient Maya architecture, colonial towns, and a cacao plantation during this private, full-day tour of Uxmal and Merida from Cancun. Customize the day to suit your interests — your personal introduction of these highlights has a flexible itinerary. Hear about local history, climb to the top of Maya pyramids, wander through vibrant historic neighborhoods, and learn how local cacao goes from bean to chocolate bar. All transport and entrance fees are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional certificated private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned private vehicle
- Sweet snack, soft drinks & 2 cans of beer/per person
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Uxmal
- Entry/Admission - Merida Cathedral
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Carretera Federal No. 261, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
Arrive at the UNESCO-listed archaeological site, and spend time exploring what's considered to be one of the most important sites in the Maya world in the company of your guide. Climb to the top of the Mayan Pyramid and visit the "temple of the turtle," where the female religious leaders lived.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Merida Cathedral, Calle 61 on the east side of Plaza Grande, Merida 97000 Mexico
After visiting Uxmal, continue your tour to Merida; the capital of the Yucatan peninsula. Constructed by Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century, the colonial town has colorful historic buildings around a central plaza. Walk along the main street, visit the main square, and see a historic church.
At a nearby cacao museum, learn how the ancient Maya people used cacao beans, and see the preparation of cacao into natural chocolate. Before returning to your Cancun hotel, enjoy a final stop at a traditional Yucatan hacienda; the former house of rich conquistadors and their slaves.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any accommodation (hotel, apartment, AirBnb, hostal, etc) in Cancun, on Riviera Maya, in Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Akumal or Tulum is included in the price.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.