Mercado walking food tour
Want to get a taste of the real Mexico? Mexican flavors are practically synonymous with street food. But with so many good carts and stands, it's hard to know where to start. The Flavor Teller will take you to the best hidden gems in Mazatlan. Learn about culture through food. Break through cultural and language barriers and get the conversation going. Connect to the people who create culinary magic. Take a break from being a tourist and eat like a local!
For your convenience this tour operates small groups to get the full scoop on the fascinating food scene.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Bi-lingual guide
- 7 food tastings
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Mazatlan’s center is buzzing with activity at all times of the day. It’s the place where locals go to get their groceries and fresh produce. Steeped in culture, you will learn all about this amazing neighborhood and its beginnings (there was once a bullfight ring!). Spend a morning meandering the Mercado and surrounding streets, satisfying your curiosity and appetite. The Flavor Teller loves to share their own Mazatlan stories, while you eat, drink and meet new friends. This guided walk is all about getting to know the neighborhood (and its local people) through food.
Get the scoop on Mazatlan’s multicultural spirit at downtown’s favorite meeting place. Visit the market's fruit, vegetables and dried chile stands. You'll try some typical delicacies on the way – smoked marlin and a variety of Mexican cheeses. Discover the other side of Mazatlan’s market and find out how Mexican families cure their ailments. Taste Mazatlan’s typical tostadas, at a family-run diner that has been in business for three decades and enjoy an authentic ‘torta’ (grilled sandwich roll), washed down with a local soda. We finish the tour enjoying a variety of traditional Mexican ice creams.
Departure Point :Plaza Machado, Centro, 82000 Mazatlán, Sin., Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking by filling out the "special requireents box".
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.