Mendoza Horseback Riding Tour with Traditional Argentine Asado
This full-day tour takes you horseback riding in the Uco Valley, located in the middle of the Andes mountain range. Discover a unique Argentine landscape from the foothills of the Cordón del Plata (Silver Cord), and follow your experienced guide on a 3.5-hour ride while magnificent condors fly above. Enjoy breakfast at Quebrada del Condor (Condor’s Gorge) and complete your tour with a barbecue lunch. Round-trip hotel transport by minivan from Mendoza is included. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring a personalized experience with a small group.
Due to the current situation of COVID19 all programs are subject to modifications. The itinerary will be informed by the time of booking confirmation. The final itinerary will be confirmed 48/24 hours prior to the service
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation and professional bilingual guide.
- Welcome: Mate and pastry from Mendoza
- Lunch: Full Creole Asado.
- 3 - 4 hours of horseback riding
What's excluded :
- Your tour begins in the morning with hotel pickup in Mendoza. Aboard your comfortable minivan, drive through Villa Potrerillos, a village located 45 minutes away. You’ll continue up to Quebrada del Condor, stopping at the panoramic viewpoint of Mirador de la Hoyada en route.
Approximately two hours after leaving Mendoza you’ll reach the gorge, where a traditional Argentine breakfast is served to your small group.
Once your guide offers a safety briefing and some instruction, settle onto your sturdy horse — bred for stamina over mountainous terrain — and follow along the rugged trail. Your 3.5-hour horseback ride starts at the foot of the Cordón del Plata, an Andean mountain range in the Uco Valley. Amid this breathtaking landscape of snowcapped peaks, wildlife abounds. Keep a lookout for llamas, foxes, hares, condors and other incredible birds throughout your horseback ride.
In the middle of the journey, stop for a break at the shore of a creek to enjoy an infusion of mate, a popular drink made from yerba mate leaves steeped in hot water. Then saddle up and follow ancient paths until your small group reaches a viewpoint. From 9,185 feet (2,800 meters) above sea level, you’ll appreciate the magnificent scenery, including the Cordón del Plata ridge and the Potrerillos Valley.
At the completion of your horseback ride in the late afternoon, dismount to enjoy an authentic Argentine asado (barbecue) for lunch.
Your full-day tour ends with return transport by minivan to your hotel in Mendoza.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is only from hotels located in Mendoza city area and Chacras de Coria. If you are staying in an Airbnb or if you didn't select hotel pick up please contact us to coordinate the nearest meeting point.Please bear in mind that it takes around 45 minutes from the arranged time to pick up every passenger of the tour. Our tour leader will personally greet you at the lobby
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum number per group is 12 people
- Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.