Mendocino County: 1 hours Skunk Train Pudding Creek Train Ride Tour
Take a historic sightseeing train ride along the Pudding Creek Estuary and take in the natural beauty and abundant wildlife
Pass through Giant Coast Redwoods and learn about the history and ecology of the area
Ride on historic trains on some of the first tracks ever laid down by the California Western Railroad in 1885
See logging history brought to life on an incredible model railroad that has over 1,300 feet of track
per adult from
What's included :
- Sightseeings guided tour
- Admission to the model railroad museum located near the Fort Bragg Depot
What's excluded :
- Foods and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pudding Creek Beach, N Main St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Take in the beautiful and relaxing scenery on this 7-mile roundtrip journey, which departs the Depot in downtown Fort Bragg year-round. Travel along the Pudding Creek Estuary, home to abundant wildlife and natural beauty. Ride through ancient redwoods to the tranquil setting of Glen Blair. The historic tracks were some of the first to be laid down by the California Western Railroad in 1885, and they've been carrying passengers on them ever since.
The original Skunk Train began as a logging route back in 1885, when it transported families and workers to and from the numerous logging camps in the area. The train received its now-famous nickname, the "Skunk Train" back in 1925 when motorcars were introduced that ran on gasoline and which had a pot-bellied stove burning crude oil to keep the passengers warm. Locals said that just like skunks "You could smell them before you could see them". Don't worry, the days of the skunk smell are long gone.
Enjoy free admission the Model Railroad museum, included in the ticket price. See logging history brought to life on an incredible model railroad that has over 1,300 feet of track. View the mill, logging camp, town bridges, trestles, and much more. The museum is located just west of Skunk Train Depot in Fort Bragg.
Departure Point :100 W Laurel St, Fort Bragg, CA 95437, USA
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.