Melk Abbey and Wachau Valley with boat cruise private day trip from Prague
Experience breathtaking 11th century-monastery Melk Abbey & UNESCO Wachau Valley on Danube river cruise (Austria) - both on very comfortable and safe day trip from Prague. A tour of Melk Abbey, nowadays a baroque masterpiece is stunning with its marble hall, library, view terrace and overwhelming church. Relax in beautiful monastery gardens. See also scenic Wachau Valley the best way - on a boat cruise (optional - applies for early starting times & only Apr 3rd-Oct 26th). Enjoy this sensitively tailor-made special trip.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional private licensed guide for exteriors of Melk Abbey
What's excluded :
- Lunch - 9-13 EUR
- Melk Abbey admission with tour of interiors (14,5 EUR per person)
- Danube river boat cruise (26,5 EUR per person)
- Entry/Admission - Melk Abbey
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melk Abbey, Abt Berthold Dietmayr Str. 1, Melk 3390 Austria
Your private guide-driver will pick you up by private car at your Prague place. After approx. 3,5-4h of comfortable & safe drive you start exploring the baroque masterpiece Melk Abbey on a tour of interiors (group, cca 15 EUR per person). Your guide will give you a private tour of exteriors afterwards and you can relax in the monastery gardens. The admission fees are not included in the trip so you can customize the day according to your wishes.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Burgruine Aggstein, 3642 Aggsbach Dorf, Spitz Austria
After visit of Melk taste an Austrian lunch on a resting Danube river cruise through famous UNESCO Wachau Valley with scenic castles, ruins and vineyards including Dürnstein village with castle ruin where Richard the Lionheart was kept in prison (the cruise is optional - applies for early starting times & only Apr-Oct, 26,5 EUR per person & cca 9-13 EUR for lunch; otherwise by car).
Pass By: Spitz, Spitz, Lower Austria
Danube river cruise - enjoy vineyards surrounding picturesque town in the middle of UNESCO Wachau Valley.
Pass By: Durnstein, Durnstein, Lower Austria
Danube river cruise - Dürnstein village with a 15th century monastery.
Pass By: Stift Durnstein, Im Zentrum Town Center, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Danube river cruise - Dürnstein village with castle ruin where Richard the Lionheart was kept in prison.
After these stops you go back to Prague in relaxing pace with stops for a good coffee.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The transportation and the tour are PRIVATE only for you (except a tour of interiors in Melk Abbey and optional boat ride). The transportation vehicles are disinfected regularly by ozone (used in hospitals). If lunch is included in the tour, take-away option is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.