Melbourne History & Whisky Bars Tour
Blending tales of shipwrecks, sly grog shops and distilling bans with some of Melbourne’s coolest whisky and gin joints, the Melbourne Whisky and Gin Tour is a rollicking adventure from Victoria’s early spirit making past to its modern craft scene.
Starting at State Parliament, you'll be transported back in time to a heady world of prohibition, sly grog shops, shipwrecks and even Sherlock Holmes while sampling gin at a heritage brick cottage that once housed bootleg grog.
From here, it's a short stroll to Melbourne's first whisky bar and a wide selection of peaty single malts, honeyed Highlands and mellow Scottish blends.
Your tour ends at one of the cities best cocktail bars for either a gin or whisky cocktail.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Top shelf gin and/or whisky tastings at three bars
- Exclusive Melbourne Bar Map (free upon request)
- Photos of your tour (free upon request)
- Entry/Admission - Little Lon Distilling Co.
- Entry/Admission - Whisky & Alement
- Entry/Admission - Boilermaker House
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Little Lon Distilling Co., 17 Casselden Pl, Melbourne Vic, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
A tasting of three signature gins paired with cheese.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Whisky & Alement, 270 Russell St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Three whisky tastings from Victorian and Australian distillers paired with chocolate.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Boilermaker House, 209-211 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
A boilermaker (beer paired with whiksy) will be served.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Parliament House, Spring St, East Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Lonsdale Street, Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.