Melbourne Art Deco Architecture Tour
Discover Melbourne’s fascinating Art Deco architecture on this small-group, 2-hour walking tour. Learn about the history and culture of Melbourne while admiring fine examples of the city’s most famous Art Deco buildings, including the Manchester Unity Building and Majorca Building. Learn fascinating details about the tiles, patterns, and designs that were popular in the 1930s, and discover how the 1934 Centenary of Melbourne, as well as Mayan, Spanish, and Egyptian art, influenced the city’s architecture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: MELTours, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Meet your guide at the Manchester Unity Building at 10am. In 1934, Melbourne celebrated its centenary and this event provided a catalyst for a building boom that transformed the city. As a result, Melbourne has some of the finest Art Deco buildings in the world, with many of the best examples located in the city centre.
Follow your Art Deco guide to see and hear about various types of architecture in the city, including the Manchester Unity Building and the Majorca Building. Learn how to recognize the Art Deco style, including the use of terracotta ‘self-cleaning’ tiles, the distinctive patterning, and other design details of the genre. Discover how Spanish, Egyptian, Mayan and other cultures influenced the style and how this was an indicator as to what people were interested in during this time.
Finish your tour at 12 noon in the city.
Departure Point :Manchester Unity Building, 220 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks must be worn inside venues except when eating and/or drinking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.