Medici Masters of Florence Tour
• Discover the stories of the most elite families of the time
• Walk to see the most important streets and palaces
• See the stunning architecture of the historical buildings
Discover the Medici's story with a walk through the most important streets and palaces. From Giovanni de Medici to Lorenzo de Medici, see, hear about, and understand the power of this incredible family.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Free gelato (Italian ice cream)at "La Strega Nocciola"
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance Tickets to the attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Via Camillo Cavour 1-3, 50129, Florence Italy
Begin your tour at the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, which is the main residence of the first branch of the Medici family. The Medici family was connected to most of the other elite families of the time through marriages of convenience, partnership, or employment so the family had a central position in the social network. Several families had systematic access to the rest of the elite families only through the Medici family. Some examples of these families include the Bardi, Altoviti, Ridolfi, Cavalcanti, and the Tornabuoni. This has been suggested as a reason for the rise of the Medici family.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Lorenzo, San Lorenzo, Florence, Tuscany
Continue your tour to the square of San Lorenzo Church, which was Florence’s cathedral until the 8th-century. From the early 15th-century, the Medici family had the church entirely rebuilt in the new Renaissance style.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cappelle Medicee, Piazza di Madonna Degli Aldobrandini 6, 50123, Florence Italy
On your way here, discover the Medici Chapels and the private mausoleum of the Medici Grand Dukes, where you can admire Michelangelo’s New Sacristy and his Medici Tombs.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ponte Vecchio, 50125, Florence Italy
Then move across the city center to reach the river Arno and cross the river on Ponte Vecchio to the Oltrarno district.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Palazzo Pitti, Piazza Dei Pitti 1, 50125, Florence Italy
Here, see the imposing Palazzo Pitti, which was the last residence of the Medici family.
Your guide will lead you to the last stop of the tour, La Strega Nocciola, to enjoy delicious ice cream.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe Florence, Via dei Brunelleschi, 1, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Bring your own headphones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.