The unique tour for those who are interested in medicine and pharmaceuticals, first of all for professional doctors and students of medical schools. It is also an option for those, who visit our city for the second or more time, who would like to learn more about the history of Russia and Russian medicine, Russian scientific heritage and specific arts. The tour is not recommended for kids and persons under the age of 18.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Military-Medical Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Petersburg University, Mendeleevskaya Liniya Vasilievsky Island, St. Petersburg Russia
9 am After meeting with your guide, enjoy the city intro tour with photo stops. During the city tour, observe the oldest university of Russia, visit the legendary first drugstore of Saint-Petersburg, founded in 1760. It is situated in the remarkable historic art-nouveau building, decorated by famous mosaics master Frolov and his circle (the same masters, who made mosaics for the Saviour in the Spilt Blood);
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vasilyevsky Island, St Petersburg, Russia
Since 1850 it belonged to Wilhelm Christopher Erenfrid (Vasily Pell). His son, Alexander Wilhelm Pell introduced granulated pills and tablets, implemented the methods of the aseptic and antiseptic, invented ampoule for dosage and storage of sterile solutions… Remarkable and world-known were his works at the field of organ therapy; in 1908 he got the pure substance Sperminum-Poehl, the only preparation, exported from Russian Empire.
At the beginning of the 20th century, here ware bacterial and pharmaceutical laboratories, organ-therapy institution, drug-store, research and development section, dispensary. The drug store kept on working during the WWII. Since that times there is an air-raid bomb shelter.
Learn more about this wonderful place and its mythological inhabitants; the guide will introduce city legends and tales about this drug store to you. The variety of pharmaceutical preparations and medicines are for sale.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Military-Medical Museum, Lazaretny Lane, 2 Entrance from Vvedenskiy Kanal, 6, St. Petersburg 191180 Russia
Visit the museum of Military Medicine University, the first museum of medicine in Russia. It is situated at the historical building of the XIX century military hospital. The exhibition here covers all the stages in the development of the world's and Russian medicine, surgery and pharmacology.
During the transfer, learn more about Russian Medical System and the system of professional education for doctors; the guide will share some details of their everyday professional and private life with you, tell some casual situations and medical anecdotes.
Then visit the State Russian Medical University of Mechnikov and its unique museum of judicial medicine. It had been established especially for the students and was opened to the public only in the XXI century. This museum is really specific as it has a lot of items showing the transition from life to death from the scientific and artistic point of view. There are many items with judicial value, demonstrating mutual medical pathology.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located hotel or port TrminalPorts
- Morskoy Fasad, ул. Кораблестроителей, 32, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 199397
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.