Medellín through the farmers' eyes
Explore the city through the eyes of those who had to move from their lands to come to Medellín: thousands of farmers from all over the country. This experience was created by Nomad and the whole idea is for you to have a clear sense of the reality of Medellín like not many get, on places where no tourists go and the most important thing: having a close interaction and conversations with locals. We will start visiting the oldest market in town to have a fruit tasting, then we go to El Faro neighborhood in Comuna 8 where we meet social leaders and have a tour with them and then finish at the top of Cerro Pan de Azucar: the highest hill on Medellín.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Medical insurance for the activity
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- • Meet up at Poblado Metro Station's ticket booth.
• We take the metro and then the trolley up to Placita de Flórez (oldest market in town)
• Fruit tasting at the market.
• Walk a couple of blocks to meet with one of the social leaders and then from there we take a taxi up to El Faro.
• Tour with social leaders of the neighborhood to understand how they have built it on their own, why are they an example of a well organized community and what are their projects at the moment.
• 25 minute hike up to the top of Cerro Pan de Azucar (highest hill on Medellín)
• Back to the metro.
Departure Point :Poblado Metro Station's ticket booth
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Use sport shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.