Mechrey Floating Village - Half Day Tour
See Mechrey Floating Village on this half day tour. Mechrey is the least touristed floating village in Siem Reap and well and truly off the beaten track. you will see countryside, animals, lotus farm, everyday life of Cambodian people on land and water.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Transport ( AC car or minivan or minibus
- Boat ride
- Bottles of cold drinking Water
- Entry/Admission - Mechrey Floating Village
What's excluded :
- Food / Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mechrey Floating Village, Mechrey Road, Stoeng Kombot, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
This tour can start in the morning or the afternoon (please let us know which time you want to depart). You'll leave Siem Reap and we'll drive you the 40km southwest of Siem Reap to the edge of the Tonle Sap Lake to Mechrey Floating Village. Here, you'll see how around 300 families live their lives on the water. These ethnic Khmer families make their living from fishing, farming, shops and tourism. Along the way, we'll stop to try some deep fried insects, look at a rice paddy field with birds, cows, and buffaloes. We'll also stop to see a lotus farm and a duck farm. When we reach Mechrey Floating Village, you'll see floating houses, a school, restaurants, fish farm and crocodile farm. In the cooler season, you'll also see many different species of birds here. We'll take a car because the road is very bumpy and dusty. The price includes the boat ride and entrance fee.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will come to pick you up from your hotel lobby at the start of the tour. But you must let us know the name, address and its contacts of your hotel before the tour date.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This trip is for half day which is around 4 hours including travelling time. The boat ride lasts for approximately 2 hours.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.