Mayan Village Tour
this tour is approximately 6 hours or more
What to bring:
-packed breakfast and/or lunch
-bottled water and/or snacks
What to wear:
• comfortable clothing and running/hiking shoes
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Food and drinks (if option not selected)
- Take this guided tour of the culturally-rich Mayan village of San Antonio, Belize in the Cayo District. Nestled in a beautiful valley, this village is about a 20-minute drive from the heart of San Ignacio. Stop in to see the Garcia Sisters, locally renowned Mayan Shamans/healers, who have a small art gallery selling beautiful handmade arts such as pottery, slate carvings, jewelry and more. You may also arrange a Mayan massage with the Garcia sisters which features the ancient practice of cupping to improve blood flow and remove toxins from your body, or arrange for a Mayan blessing, complete with smudging, or burning incense of copal and other herbs that the Maya people consider sacred. The Garcia Sisters also have a vast knowledge of herbs used in for healing and Mayan cooking. Take a drive through the beautiful Elijio Panti National Park, which was established to honor their ancestor, the late Elijio Panti, a famous Mayan shaman and healer. Your guide can also take you to the lesser known Pacbitun Mayan ruin, which is still being excavated.
Departure Point :Benque Resort and Spa, Benque Viejo Del Carmen, Belize
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.