Materuni Waterfall, Village & Coffee Walking Tour
Get a glimpse into the way local Tanzanians live with this day trip to the quaint village of Materuni. Far away from the hustle and bustle of Tanzania’s tourist trail, you’ll sample locally grown produce and enjoy a dip in a deliciously cool waterfall pool. It’s a perfect day trip from Arusha or Moshi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities of dame drive and (walking safari if indicated in itinerary)
- All accommodation before and after safari.
- A professional driver/guide.( English, Spanish, French)
- All transportation.
What's excluded :
- All things of personal nature
- Tips and gratitude for driver Guide and safari cook
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Materuni is the home of the Chagga tribe and is still an authentic tribal village. This charming place is just 15km away from Moshi Town and is the last village before the Kilimanjaro National Park.
You will be picked up in Moshi/Arusha in the morning, by our English-speaking guide, who will drive you to Materuni Village. Upon arrival, you will register at the village office and your trip can begin.
First you will visit the waterfalls, which are around a 40 minute walk away. On the way, your guide will inform you about the culture of the Chagga, village life and explain the surrounding fauna and flora. The views are truly breathtaking, and with some luck you will see the summit of Kilimanjaro. When you reach the waterfalls, you will see that they are more than 80 meters high. The pool at the bottom of the waterfall is an inviting place for a refreshing swim so don‘t forget your swim wear!
After having enjoyed the scenery, you slowly return with your guide to Materuni village, where you will experience a traditional Chagga lunch. You also will have the opportunity to taste our local banana beer – definitely not to be missed!
But that’s not all. Next the coffee experience awaits you. Here you will learn how coffee is cultivated, dried, roasted and further processed. You will also be invited to help with the grinding of the coffee, which is traditionally accompanied by Chagga songs and dances - a fun way to immerse yourself in the local culture. Before you say goodbye and return in the afternoon to Moshi or Arusha , you can savour the coffee you made and appreciate the views of the surrounding rainforest. The departure can also take place from another place
Departure Point :
We pick up all customer at the lobby of the Hotel
AirportsArusha Airport, Arusha TanzaniaKilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.