Matera Excursion from Naples (Fullday 10h)
We are local professional driver and we love to share our beauties and amenities of our beautiful town with our guest.
You will be picked up by our professional polite knowledgeable driver in a nice Mercedes-Benz vehicle (sedan or van) to go to you destination with a stop in Matera for 4/5 hours. Our driver are happy to chat. They will tell you a good commentary of the areas and places along the way in the car and they will be really happy to assist you and to answer to your questions. if you need any information or suggestion please tell us.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking driver, Parking, highway tolls, fuel, insurance and 22% of italian sale tax.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Gratuities between 15/20% (optional but really appreciated)
- No archeological guide is included but we higlhy recommend to hire. ask it in the note if interested
- Admission fee or entrance tickets in any local museums or cathedral.
- This is a tour of Matera from Naples City Center (Hotel/B&B/Airport/Port/Station) with a stop in Matera for 4/5 hours on your own.
Our Driver will lead you at the entrance of the pedestrain area of the town of Matera and he is going to wait you there to bring you back in Naples at the end of the visit. (we can lead you also in a different place in town).
Our english speaking knowledgeable driver will explain to an historical commentary of the place so you can have a good introduction before you go inside the site.
We pick up people from Naples Airport, Central Train Station or Port and every hotel and B&B or private residance in Naples to go to Matera and then back to Naples
Matera, Basilicata's jewel, may be the world's third-longest continuously inhabited human settlement. Natural caves in the tufa limestone, exposed as the Gravina cut its gorge, attracted the first inhabitants perhaps 7000 years ago. More elaborate structures were built atop them. Today, looking across the gorge to Matera’s huddled Sassi (cave dwellings) it seems you've been transported back to the ancient Holy Land.
Old Matera is split into two sections – the Sasso Barisano and the Sasso Caveoso – separated by a ridge upon which sits Matera’s gracious duomo (cathedral). The sassi (former cave dwellings), many little more than one-room caves, once contained such appalling poverty and unthinkable living conditions that in the 1950s Matera was denounced as the 'Shame of Italy', and the sassi-dwellers were moved on. Only in later decades has the value of this extraordinarily built environment been recognised, and in 2019 the city was recognised as a European Capital of Culture.
Departure Point :
This is a tour of Matera from Naples City (Hotel/B&B/Airport/Port/Station) with a stop in Matera for 4/5hours on your own. Our Driver will lead you at the entrance of the pedestrain area of the town of Matera and he is going to wait you there to bring you back in Naples at the end of the visit. (we can lead you also in a different place in town). Our english speaking knowledgeable driver will explain to an historical commentary of the place so you can have a good introduction before you go inside the site.
Portsnaples portnaples cruise portnaples ferry portnaples train station
AirportsNaples International Airport, Viale F. Ruffo di Calabria, 80144 Napoli NA, Italy
OtherNaples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy - we pick up and lead people everywhere in naples city center
Return Detail :Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy75100 Matera, Province of Matera, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- pets are allowed only if they stay protected in their kennel
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.