Matera by night private walking tour
Private walking tour guided by a licensed tour guide that will lead you to discover Matera in the evening with the lighting that make the city as a living nativity.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- licensed tour guide
What's excluded :
- cave-houses and rupestrian church entrance ticket (€3 - €3)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Matera Italy
You' ll meet the licensed tour guide in the square Vittorio Veneto, where you'll enjoy the landscape on the Sassi districts with them characteristic alleys. Then you'll start the walk towards Via Duomo to admire the city, one of the most fascinating in Southern Italy.
Pass By: Piazza del Sedile, 75100, Matera Italy
You'll cross the Square Piazza del Sedile, center of city life, with restaurants and ancient buildings
Pass By: Sassi di Matera, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100, Matera Italy
You'll head towards Via Duomo, the road that will lead you to the “Civita”, the oldest part of the town, where you'll discover the presence of an ancient rupestrian church with frescoes and cave-houses where some inhabitants lived until the first half of the 20th century. You will be surrounded by a magical atmosphere that will make this visit a unique experience.
The guide will tell you the history of the city and its ancient origins by pleasantly strolling in the moonlight.
Pass By: Cattedrale di Matera, Piazza del Duomo, Matera Italy
Finally you'll reach the Cathedral of Santa Maria della Bruna, built in the Apulian Romanesque style embellished internally by baroque decorations, from where you can admire the landscape on all Matera.
Departure Point :Banco di Napoli, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 51, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- if the secutity distance can't be respected you should wear the face mask
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.