Masaya Volcano Night Tour
The Masaya Volcano National Park covers an area of 54 km² and includes two volcanoes and five craters. The volcanoes have erupted several times in history and were feared by both the indigenous people and the Spanish conquerors. The Spanish baptized the active volcano “La Boca del Infierno” or “The Mouth of Hell”. They placed a cross, “La Cruz de Bobadilla” (named after Father Francisco Bobadilla), on the crater lip in the 16th century in order to exorcise the Devil.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from Granada
- Bilingual Guide
- Masaya Volcano Entrance
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
What's excluded :
- Tour Guide gratuity
- Services not listed on the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Masaya Volcano National Park, Masaya Nicaragua
In this tour you will meet one of Nicaragua's most active volcanoes. At nightfall you will reach the volcano summit by vehicle. Be a witness of an unique nature event and see lava flowing from the bottom of the crater, forming a river of magma that glows in the dark and illuminates the interior of the volcano.
There the spectacle begins, the sky is getting dark or is already dark, allowing you to see thousands of stars. The wind flows free. You hear a sound like the rumbling of the sea. And, from the edge of the crater, right into the bottom of it, you will see an amazing lava lake that moves with its incandescent color. The visit to the crater lasts between 10 and 20 minutes (depending on the total number of visitors at the entrance).
Every day, since sunset, the nocturnal visit of the Masaya Volcano starts from 5 PM, depending on the visitor's flows. You just need to get to the main entrance road; if there are people or groups before you, you will need to stand in line, as visitors are allowed to enter and go to the crater in order of arrival.
The total duration of this tour is approx. 2 hours with transportation time, it might take longer if unexpected reasons show up such as accidents on the road, weather or some others that are not mentioned above but that affects the itinerary.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from your hotel in Granada and Managua
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- What to Bring?
- Appropriate Clothing
- Proper Shoes
- Rain Jacket (On Winter)
- Bottle of Water
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.