Marseille Shore Excursion - Full Day Wine Tour in Provence
TOUR AVAILABLE FOR CRUISE PASSENGERS ONLY (as the port of Marseille is a secure area that only cruise passengers can access)
Immerse yourself in the beautiful Provence wine region! You will get several private visits of high-quality wineries, carefully selected by our wine experts. With your guide and the other guests ( 8 persons maximum in total), discover the best of Provence appellations and learn about the grape varieties Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Cinsault … and the complex art of blending. This wine tour is a great opportunity to taste some of the finest Rosés from Provence but also powerful reds, and aromatic and lively whites. You will complete your shore excursion by visiting one of the most beautiful Provence towns/cities: Cassis or Aix en Provence or Lourmarin.
per adult from
360 to 450 minutes
What's included :
- Visit & tasting fees
- Transportation in A/C minivan
- English speaking wine expert guide
- Pick up/ Drop off at Marseille Cruise Port
- Small group tour of 8 persons maximum in total
What's excluded :
- Tips - any tips you'd like to leave for our guides are of course at your discretion
- We offer you a worry-free shore excursion, ensuring your timely return to the Cruise port, at least one hour before your departure time.
You'll meet your english-speaking wine expert guide at 9.30am at the Marseille cruise pier.
Your guide will drive you in a clean, comfortable & A/C minivan accomodating up to 8 people maximum.
You'll visit 2 wineries along the day. At each winery, the visits are private and educational and will be adapted to your level of knowledge. Curious beginners or connoisseurs are welcome! You'll go behind the scenes to learn while visiting the winemaking & the aging rooms. You'll have plenty of time to take pictures in the middle of the vines, and at anytime, to capture the beauty of Provence countryside.
Along the day, you'll taste some of the finest Rosés from Provence but also powerful and well-balanced reds, and aromatic and lively whites. Your guide will teach you the different steps to go through while tasting,if required, in order to maximise your wine tasting experience.
You will get about 2h free time for lunch and for visit in one of the most beautiful towns/ cities from the area: the charming little port of Cassis, or the picturesque village of Lourmarin or the lively and elegant city of Aix en Provence: A great way to sample the local life, go shopping or get a change to enjoy the delicious french food thanks to the restaurant recommendations from your guide!
You'll be back to Marseille Cruise Port around 4/4.30pm (other return time possible - to be defined with you after your booking) with plenty of time before your cruise ship departure time.
We select different types of wineries in order to offer you the opportunity to see different ways to work.
We have developped partnerships allowing us to take you behind the scenes: from the winemaking & the aging rooms to the bottling lines: you'll see everything!
Your guide will also explain you about the soil, the climate, the grape varieties, the famous "terroir" but also the picking, the pruning, green harvesting and many other subjects in a relaxed and educational way.
Departure Point :At Marseille Cruise Pier, where your cruise ship will dock. When you'll go out the cruise ship, you'll see several guides holding signs. About 5 minutes before the wine tour departure time, look for someone holding a "Provence Wine Tour" sign.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick up from Marseille Cruise Terminal only: Pick up from Marseille City Centre is not possible for this tour
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age in France is 18 years
- Departure/ return times will be confirmed after your booking and may change according to your cruise ship docking times.
- If we can not adapt our wine tour departure & return times to your cruise ship docking times, we will propose you an alternative or will give you a refund.
- Minimum number of participants applies. The excursion can be cancelled after your booking if the minimum of participants is not reached. In such situation, we will propose you an alternative or will give you a refund.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.