Marseille Shore Excursion: Calanques National Park by Electric Mountain Bike
During this tour, you will enjoy a scenic guided 3-hour electric bike tour from the South of Marseille to the Sormiou Calanque, located in the Calanques National Park. Cycle along the narrow, steep-walled inlets between limestone mountains and the Mediterranean sea. Discover this unique natural environment from a comfortable electric bike.
This experience is accessible to participants in good condition, able to ride a bike. Thanks to the electric power of your bike, you will be able to cover more ground quickly, and without exerting as much effort as a conventional bicycle.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of electric bicycle
- Use of certified helmet
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Your exciting half day shore excursion to Marseille Calanques begins with a morning pickup from your cruise terminal. Meet your guide and board a minivan or a taxi for a 25 minute transfer across the city to get to your starting point, near the sea .
After getting familiar with the settings of the electric mountain bikes (pedelec), you will leave Pointe Rouge area through small roads that will quickly lead you to the verdant area of the Roy d’Espagne.
You will cycle on a road normally closed to traffic through la Cayolle, then cross Cortiou’s Pass and reach the Calanque de Sormiou.
You will arrive to the heart of the National Calanques Park, with its small beach and its turquoise blue water.
From May the 1st to September the 31st, the access to motor vehicles is restricted. Electric bikes are therefore one of the best ways to get to this haven of peace on the doorsteps of the city.
You will visit a small fishing port and its hamlet before heading off to the beach. There, it will be hard to resist the temptation to go swimming in the sea or to take a drink on the waterside.
The same road will be used for the way back until La Cayolle. From there, you will enter again the Calanques National Park to reach the Pastré Castle using large tracks and easy paths. You will ride on the sides of the Canal de Marseille in a shaded area surrounded by the impressive cliffs of Marseilleveyre. Depending on your desire and the time left, it is possible to make a detour via the port of the Madrague de Montredon or even the Goudes .
The tour will be punctuated by multiple stops in order to discover the wealth of the local heritage, fauna and flora on earth, under the sea or in the air.
Your excursion ends when you return to your cruise terminal.
Departure Point :3 Avenue d'Odessa, 13008 Marseille, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.