Marrakech to Merzouga 3-Day Desert Safari
This 3-day Sahara Merzouga Erg Chebbi expedition is a rich three day circuit of southern Morocco, one of the best things to do in and around Marrakech!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Pickup from your hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Transportation by modern, air-conditioned
- English/French-speaking guide
- Overnight stay in Tinghir at Hotel Bougafer 4-star or similar including dinner and breakfast
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi at sunset
- Overnight stay at a desert camp in Erg Chebbi including dinner and breakfast
- Bedding at both accommodations
- Access to toilets and showers at both accommodations
- Entry/Admission - Merzouga Desert
What's excluded :
- Tips to driver and any personal expenses
Day 1: Marrakech-TinghIr
Stop At: Tinerhir, Tinerhir, Souss-Massa
Your 3 day desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga will start early in the morning. Depart from Marrakech around 7:30 AM to ait ben haddou through tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains. Many stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah ait ben haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. Continue to Ouazazate and Kasbah Taourirte before lunch. In the afternoon, drive to Tinghir via the valley of the roses before you reach your hotel located in Tinghir. Dinner and overnight.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Bedding at both accommodations
Day 2: Tinghir-Merzouga
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
your journey will start today with a drive along the road of 1001 Kasbah to Ouasis of Tinghir, where you will deviate to a minor road to todra canyons. After some time at leisure to enjoy the immensity of the hugecliffs, and lunch at a local café , continue early in the afternoon to Rissani , famous for its date market, and being a starting point of the ancient trading caravans crossing the sahara desert to Tomboctou. After a quick stop, continue to Merzouga driving through some rocky desert landscape. Upon arrival at the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes, meet your camel caravan, and ride your camels through the amazing color-changing sand dunes with the sunset in the horizon as a backdrop. Reach your Sahara Desert camp, nestled in the middle of nowhere just before darkness. After some time to admire the sand dunes and the surrounding landscapes, get ready for a Moroccan dinner served under the stars next to a camp fire. Late at night, enjoy berber music with the local hosts playing drums.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Camp
Day 3: Merzouga-Marrakech
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
After an early breakfast and a camel ride back to the main road, meet your driver and drive back to Ouarzazte. After some time at leisure for lunch, carry on in the afternoon to Marrakech through the high atlas mountains.
Your shared 3 day desert tour will end in Marrakech around 7:00 PM.
Duration: 7 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.