Maropeng Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience
The Cradle of Humankind was declared a World Heritage Site in 1999 because of the area’s exceptional contribution to our understanding of the history of humanity, over 3-million years. All together, there are 15 major fossil sites in the Cradle of Humankind, of which Sterkfontein Caves is the most famous.
The fossils “Mrs Ples” and “Little Foot” were both discovered at the Sterkfontein Caves, as well as thousands more fossils of hominids, which are human ancestors, as well those of plants and animals.
More hominid fossils have been found in the Cradle of Humankind than anywhere else on Earth.
During this tour you will have access to the exhibits and get the full pictures of remarkable fossil findings.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- A bottle of water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site, Greater Johannesburg, Gauteng
You will never forget your visit to the Cradle of Humankind and its two visitor centres – the main one packed with exciting, interactive exhibits at Maropeng, and a smaller one which is the gateway to the fascinating Sterkfontein Caves and their secrets about our past.
The Maropeng Visitor Centre is an exciting, world-class exhibition, focusing on the development of humans and our ancestors over the past few million years.
On arrival, you will see a massive burial mound called the Tumulus, which is your entrance to learning the secrets of our ancestry.
Adventure: Tour 2500m² of exhibits with an underground boat ride.
Award winning: Winner of the 2008 Tourist Attraction category at the South African Tourism Welcome Awards and many others
The pick-up time for the tour will be 9:30am from the tourist hotel, with a distance 2hrs drive.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel in johannesburg but not in Pretoria,we can only come and pick up in Pretoria if is private.Hotels, Guest house, BNB and Residential
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- casual dress code
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- symptoms should stay at home or their hotels. All clients must come with their face masks.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.