Marmaris Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Dalyan Including Dalyan River Cruise, Ancient Kaunos, Mud Baths and Iztuzu Beach
While you’re in port in Marmaris, escape to the pretty town of Dalyan on this full-day private shore excursion. Travel in an air-conditioned minivan and take a cruise along the Dalyan River to its beautiful delta, home to loggerhead turtles. Watch for these rare creatures and other wildlife, visit the ruins of ancient Kaunos, pass its rock-cut Kings’ Tombs, and relax on İztuzu Beach, the turtles’ protected breeding ground. A mud bath, time for a riverside lunch (own expense), and the undivided attention of a private guide round things off.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy
- Entry/Admission - Dalyan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dalyan, Ortaca, Mugla, Marmaris 48800 Turkey
When your ship moors in Marmaris, meet your private guide at the cruise port and settle into your comfortable minivan for your shore excursion. Then, enjoy the views as you travel to Dalyan.
After roughly 1.5 hours, arrive at this pretty town on the Dalyan River, a waterway that winds through a protected conservation area. Board a wooden sightseeing boat and cruise the waters, passing reed beds that are havens for wildlife.
Along the way, stop at Dalyan’s famous mud baths. Put on your swimwear, wade into the pools and cover yourself in the grey stuff. Dry off in the sun, shower down and then swim in the warm sulphur pools — you’ll come away feeling baby-fresh!
Stop for lunch (own expense) at a riverside restaurant and continue your cruise past the stunning Kings’ Tombs of Kaunos. Carved into riverside cliffs, these royal tombs are believed to date back to the 4th century BC. Next, explore the ruins of the ancient city of Kaunos nearby. See the remnants of a Roman street, agora and baths, and gaze at the crumbled Greek-style theater and mosaics of a Byzantine basilica.
Absorb the natural beauty around you as you cruise around the islets of the Dalyan delta and watch for rare loggerhead turtles as you sail closer to İztuzu Beach (also called Turtle Beach). These endangered turtles visit this protected sandbar every year to lay their eggs. Enjoy ample time to sunbathe or swim in the sea (weather permitting) at the beach before cruising back to Dalyan.
Then, return to Marmaris, where your tour ends with a drop-off at the port
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Marmaris Port
Departure Time :Depends on cruise docking time
Please contact your local supplier to agree on your departure time. Contact details will be provided in your voucher
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.